Capilano Rugby Club Seeking Candidates for Men’s Head Coach Position
from Chris Robinson
posted May 23 2017
The Capilano Rugby Club is located in West Vancouver and draws the majority of its members from the North Shore of Vancouver. Currently the club has four senior men’s teams with our top side playing in the BC Men’s Premiership, two senior women’s teams, and a thriving mini/youth rugby program. In the role of Men’s Head Coach, this candidate will oversee all operations of the senior men’s rugby program including at least twice weekly training sessions and weekly games. The BCRU competition generally runs from late August to early May.
The Head Coach will be responsible for creating a successful team environment for the four Senior Men’s teams. Specific duties the candidate will need to oversee:
- Promoting and evaluating the skill, talent and fitness of all Capilano Men’s players
- Preparing weekly trainings and making team selections for game days
- Recruitment; including coordinating and communicating with local high school coaches
- Management of essential team equipment; jerseys, balls, etc.
- Collection of player’s annual dues
- Coordinating with Women’s Head Coach and Mini/Youth Head Coaches to promote a cohesive club community
- Management of Men’s coaching team; including weekly meetings and effective communication
This position will report directly to the Capilano Rugby Club Executive Board.
Previous rugby coaching experience is required. The candidate must conduct themselves in accordance with the standards expected for coaches in the British Columbia Rugby Union Code of Conduct. (http://www.bcrugby.com/code-of-conduct/) Applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a current resume and cover letter with expression of interest and a coaching CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
. More details regarding the position can be provided upon application to the position.
Application Closing Date: June 21, 2017
Only candidates shortlisted will be contacted.