Surrey Beavers November 2017

November 30 2017

Surrey Beavers

Beavers Win Two at Home Against Bayside in Men's Div 1 & 2


Another Saturday in the books had the Beavers host two games at Sullivan Heights and send two sides to Vancouver respectively at Brockton Oval, and Connaught Park. The last time the club hosted a full club day was way back on October 14th and it doesn’t look like that will happen again this season with all 4 senior teams not scheduled to be at home anytime soon.

Either way the Beavers were all in for Saturday’s matches, fielding four senior teams. With the rain for the most part holding off it was once again another good day for rugby in late November for the Surrey Beavers!

SBAA 2nd Division Women – Loss 54-14

The women headed out to Brockton Oval on Saturday and got a game in with a little help from some Rowers’ support. Short on some numbers the Rowers stepped up and gave a few players to the Beavers so an enjoyable game of 10-a-side rugby could be played. Although the game was a default loss in the books there was still plenty of actions out on the pitch. A high scoring game for the Rowers had them take a lead and never look back. Thanks for the match and it was great to see two clubs with developmental teams get the game off for the betterment and growth of rugby in BC.

Tries: Rachel Storie (1) Danielle Dzus (1)
Converts: Laura Leigh (2)

SBAA 3rd Division Men – Loss 67-0

A very tough outing for the Beavers 3rd Div side as they faced another challenging adversary far away from any support they may get on the day. Once again the Div 3 men were away from the Div 1 and 2 men on Saturday, making some of the Thirsty Thirds contemplate if they should start their very own rugby club as they barely play on the same field as their brothers. It was a tall task taking on the Loma Div 3 side on any other given Saturday let alone on a day that had the Lomas all at home together. The men were outclassed by a very strong 3rd Div team, and were not quite up to challenge that day. With only a few players to spare it was all-in rugby for the 15 players that took the field and the men that played should keep their chin up knowing it was going to be an uphill battle from the get go. Reports had the Beavers more than capable of holding their own in tight and in the scrum but were outclassed out wide where the Lomas found countless opportunities to score. Unfortunately for the Beavers if they had known the 2nd Div game against Bayside was going to be such a bust they certainly would have sent a much more robust 3rd Div roster for this match. However hindsight is 20/20 and the club is still very proud of the Thirsty Thirds battling it out the way they did. Thanks to the Lomas for hosting a feed after the matche, and skipper Shane Ram gave Darian Archer, and Matthaus Smith man of the match honors.

SBAA 2nd Division Men - Win 71-5

This was less of a game played and more of a rout by the Beavs’ Div 2 side on Saturday. Not much to say here except that tries were scored relentlessly by the Beavers for about 70 minutes of play. It took the first 10 minutes of play for the Beavers to finally break through with their first try of the day. Following the first try, the flood gates opened for the Beavs on offense. Like the previous meeting against Bayside at the end of October it seemed that Bayside once again insisted on resting the majority of their 2nd div starters than have them play in the Div 2 game that day. There wasn’t much to say about the opposition but to put it into perspective the majority of them appeared to be still U19 players and a couple of the players would also be found playing ol’ boys rugby on Sundays.

The score really did reflect the product both teams put on the field. The Beavers Div 3 team once again away from the rest of the club resulted with the Beavers having no option but keeping their starting Div 2 side out on the field for the majority of the game as there was only 2 substitutes on the bench. Although if the Beavers knew this they may have swapped the rosters around to give more of a balanced match in the Div 2 and 3 games. Fortunately for the Beavs even though they were short on the bench everyone finished the match rather unscathed and the boys definitely looked well drilled on offense. This game was a great result for the Beavers and they will definitely take all the points they can get in what is going to be a very competitive race to qualify for the playoffs in the Division 2 league. Well done to all the Beavers that took the field and well done to the U19 players that stepped onto the field for the Beavers. Kudos to the two old boys that stepped up for Bayside too, great to see the ol’ boys step in for their respected club like that.

Tries: Aaron Viola (1) Kjell Hope (2) Joey Murphy (1) Ryan Mitchell (1) John Eadie (1) Brandon Craig (1) Aaron Solomonsz (2) Tyler Johnson (1) Nate Filiatrault (1)
Converts: Brandon Gatto (7) Nate Filiatrault (1)

SBAA 1st Div Men – Win 15-10

The Beavers had another tough task on Saturday taking on Bayside for the 2nd time in this fall half for Division 1 men. The first time these two teams faced each other the match ended in a 22-22 draw. This being the only blemish in the Beavers’ Div 1 season so far and everyone knew this game was going to be another tight affair. Bayside with around five or six imports on their Div 1 roster currently are looking more like a starting Prems roster than belonging in the Div 1 league; maybe this is a hint on what their club's intentions are possibly for next season? The Beavers shook up their roster again this Saturday with all the local talent their club is made up with and added back some speed in their outside backs with Marcus Tam and James Bailey back in the starting line-up. A few players back in the roster for the Beaver forwards including tight head Chris Atkinson arguably gave the Beavers an edge in the pack. With the rosters set the two Surrey rivals went at it on Saturday, and it was an all-out war on the field.

The Beavers trying to gauge their opposition saw a few new faces out in Bayside’s backfield who also showed what their true intentions were quickly on the defensive side of the ball. As play went back and forth in the first 10 minutes the first verbal warning and penalty was given to the new Shark center to keep his hits below the head. Following a score from Bayside that saw their player leap over a ruck and touch down the ball un-touched the Beavers got their first break of the game that had a card given to the Bayside 12 for a late hit. Now up a man the Beavers went to work offensively and touched down a try for their first score of the game. The game was physical throughout the entirety of it and both teams looked to run the ball down each other’s throats. The Beavers again getting a call their way with a dangerous tip tackle from a Bayside player that had their blindside flanker given a yellow for dangerous play gave the Beavs little comfort as it seemed foul play was happening on every other phase. With the Beavers now up a couple players for few short minutes with the Shark’s bin holding two players of their own the home side still struggled to finish anything they got going on offense. Not knowing what a close result this game was going to end up being they would have been better off kicking for points any opportunity they had. Two of three shots at points were missed which also kept the game very tight too. The Beavers still wanted to push the tempo of the game any chance they had and quick taps and kicks for touch didn’t always result in long positive play. A few times on the counter attack the Beavers elected for short high kicks rather than pounding the ball down the field or just taking the ball hard up and this resulted in give me ball for the Sharks who were usually in good field position to put pressure on. The Sharks gained most of their yardage on long individual plays from either their 8-man or inside center. The Beavers however did well to work the ball slowly and meticulously down the field. The game was just one of those ones were opportunities presented themselves, but the Beavers just could not finish. With a few Beavers shaken up from some rough plays the home side limped over the try line before halftime again for another score putting them up 12-5. The halftime whistle blew just after the home side resisted some big pressure from Bayside on a scoring drive. Fending off a scrum and defending for a penalty in their favor the Beavs had the lead at half. Both teams had their opportunities in the 1st half, but solid defense from both teams didn’t allow either team to get over the goal line often. The Beavers though still pushed the ball effectively in the 1st half, and did look good with the ball going forward, their biggest mistake seemed the constant kicking away of possession.

For the home side there was good play off the set pieces which was a real positive in the game. It didn’t seem the boys could take advantage of good scrum position on the field however as the ball in a few instances would become a mess at the 8-man’s feet as soon as the scrum elected to move forward. Switching up the 8-man didn’t solve this but the scrums for the most part were getting the job done. Another positive game of lineouts for the Beavs resulted in good hard running and mauling off of them keeping the Shark’s moving on the defensive side of the ball.

With 40 minutes done there was still plent of hard play left to be had in the 2nd half of this match. The Beavers now convinced it was going to be a very tight match elected to take a penalty kick early on in the half to try to stretch the small lead by 2 scores. However again a missed attempt kept the game tight. The remainder of the half saw more big hits and big runs as both teams worked hard with the ball but constantly stalled out on offense as soon as it appeared they had good opportunity to score. The Beavers a few times were right where they wanted to be but just could not get over the line. The Shark's would counter this constant attack with their big boys going on big runs too. The Beavers' and Shark's scramble defense held strong. Both teams throwing everything they had at each other had plenty of players on both sides of the ball take very big hits. At one point it looked as if the Bayside 12 decapitated Beavers’ winger Marcus Tam, waiting for a call that never came the Beavers looked up in frustration as there were players still taking exception to the no call on the field. But to be fair the referee can only call what the referee sees and clearly he didn’t get a look at what happened. Finally a good penalty convert right in front of the posts had the Beavs now up 15-5. Still holding onto a marginal lead with about 12 minutes left in the match inside center Clay Ross, loose forward Paul Kelly limped off the field with starting blind side flanker Giusseppe Lagrutta already waiting for them on the side line. The bench needed to step up and help finish this game off, and thankfully the Div 2 boys had a rather lighter game of contact in their game.

With about 9 minutes left in the match Bayside finally scored on a in tight penalty opportunity out wide making it a 15-10 game with a missed convert. The Beavers knew they would need to be relentless on defense for the remainder of the game if they wanted to come out with the win. The boys worked exceptionally hard as all the momentum seemed to be all but Bayside’s for the final few minutes. Disrupting play, causing knock-ons and getting penalties called in their favor the Beavers became very patient on setting down for a scrum and or getting the ball into touch. After surviving a last minute scare when a Bayside scrum wheeled over 90 allowing the Shark’s 8 man to go on a big run untouched pushed the play deep into the Beavers’ red zone where finally a Bayside player was pushed into touch. This caused one last minute havoc play as the Beavers had to win a lineout on their own 5 meter and then get the ball out. With the lineout barely won and the ball secured it was kicked out but no whistle had blown. After having to fend off one more attack from Bayside a stolen ball from skipper James Kelly was secured in a ruck, and passed back to Beaton to kick out. The final whistle blew with the final score in favor for the home side.

Another tight match against the two city rivals with the Beavers prevailing this time over Bayside and taking another win on the season. Well done to all the Beavers that played in this game it was an all-out effort on Saturday.

Tries: Clay Ross (1) Jamie Beaton (1)
Converts: Jamie Beaton (1)
Penalty Kicks: Jamie Beaton (1)

The Beavers head into December with still 2 weekend’s full of matches. This is the time of the season when the schedule feels relentless as the weather seems to always be cold and wet. Like other clubs, the Beavs' injuries have piled up as the last 3 months of rugby has taken its toll on the players. However, this fall the Beavers have had plenty of players step up in all divisions of play; it has been a herculean effort by the entire club keeping everything going strong this late into the fall season. This weekend coming up has the Beavers’ Div 3 men FINALLY back at home up against Richmond RFC, and the Beavers’ Div 1 men taking on the Vancouver Rowing Club. It promises to be two more big tests for the club as the Beavers look to keep things going in the right direction.

Beavers Sweep Langley in Div 1 & 2: Host Bayside This Weekend


Another full day of rugby on the schedule for the Surrey Beavers on the 18th. Saturday had Surrey host Langley in a Div 2 women’s match and in a Div 1 and 2 men’s match too. Fantastic to have 2 local clubs play 3 games against each other.

The Div 3 men headed to Richmond to take on Richmond’s 3rds in a late morning match. With a strong breeze but no rain the Beavs took to the field on Saturday looking to get some wins late into the fall half.

SBAA Division 2 Women – Loss 46-22

A wide open game of 10 aside rugby had both teams get several opportunities out wide. The 1st half had both teams exchanging scores repeatedly one after the other. The score line very close at half it was a great to watch a very competitive game. Langley however showed they had better fitness than the Beavers in the 2nd half as they scored relentlessly to give themselves a healthy 20 point lead. It was a great game never the less for the ladies as they looked good getting some scores. The Div 2 side look to keep things on track for the remainder of the Fall season and head to Brockton Oval this Saturday coming up.

Tries: Karely Reum (1) Danielle Dzus (1) Kinza Butter (1) Laura Leigh (1)
Converts: Karly Reum (1)

SBAA Division 3 Men – Win 13-10

The Thirsty Thirds finally found themselves in the win column after some tough outings throughout the 1st half. Playing in a Div 3 league with most of the competition one team clubs doesn’t make it easy for the Beavs, but they have proven resilient as they have fielded a side for every single one of their scheduled games. Finally this weekend all their hard work paid off as they finally grinded out a tough win against Richmond RFC. It was a game that had the Beavers get up early and battle the entire match to hold the lead from then on out. The Beavers are hoping the Richmond player that ended up seriously hurt with possibly a broken leg a speedy recovery too. A great try by Tyler Johnson and excellent kicking from Nathan Hutchinson sealed the deal for the Beavers. The 3rd Div men will take the win as they once again head on the road to take on the Lomas at Connaught Park this Saturday. Another hard week at training should result in even more positive results for the Beavers.

Tries: Tyler Johnson (1)
Converts: Nathan Hutchinson (1)
Penalty Kicks: Nathan Hutchinson (2)

SBAA Division 2 Men – Win 35-17

The Division 2 men were in for a physical battle against Langley Rugby Club who had definitely upped their roster in the last season for their Div 2 side. Bigger and stronger than previous seasons Langley’s Div 2 team was a force to be reckoned with on Saturday. However, the Beavers’ Div 2 men are no slouches either and were up to the challenge of taken on their local rivals. Starting the game off heavily on defense the Beavers worked to get the ball out of their half as quickly as possibly usually electing to give the ball a boot. Some breaks in the line for the Beavers were usually met with some solid defense from the visitors as Langley constantly were pushing the Beavs back into their own red zone. It was the home side though that got on the board first with speedster Jareed Samuel taking ball mid-field at full pace with no one able to catch him until he put the ball down over the goal line. The Beavs now up kept working hard and got another try before Langley came storming back in the 1st half. A very physical affair between the two local clubs was nothing new but in a few instances it appeared the intensity of the game boiled over with a few pushing and shoving matches starting. The referee grasping control of the game gave his fair warnings to the two skippers and told the boys to get on with the game. The see-saw battle continued into the 2nd half as the Beavers looked to open the lead up a little more. But the flow of the game once again came to a grinding halt when some extracurricular activity resulted in a red card to a Beavers’ 2nd rower and a yellow card to a Langley player. Good on the referee though for showing the cards as the game did seem to settle from there on out. This was also around the time when the Beavers decided to open up the scoring in the game with Langley’s big boys tiring out the relentless attack from the Beavers started to have more success. The forwards worked very hard to control the ball in the tackle and breakdowns and this gave the speedster backs lots of space and time to work the ball out wide where there was plenty of room to make something happen. Backs Marcus Tam and Wes Lyon had several breaks in the 2nd half that turned into good scoring plays. The backs and forwards were very aggressive in the 1st half on defense and they showed even more resilience in the 2nd half down a man. The final whistle blew with the Beavers well ahead on the score sheet and again showing excellent skill and physicality at the Div 2 level. This game was another important win for the Beavers in a very tight and competitive Division 2 league.

Tries: Jareed Samuel (1) Joey Murphy (1) Andrew McIntyre (1) Wes Lyon (1) Brandon Craig (1)
Converts: Brandon Gatto (5)

SBAA Division 1 Men – Win 32-12

Another challenging game for the Beavers at home against a team that always plays the Beavers very tough at the Division 1 level. There is no love lost between these two teams as the majority of the players on both rosters have played against each other for many years. A great afternoon for rugby nevertheless and the ball was constantly getting pushed out wide by the Beavers as they looked to make breaks early on in the game. Good pressure by the Beavers early wasn’t resulting in any points on the board as Langley’s defense held strong. A botched quick tap on Langley’s 5 meter, knock-ons out wide, and Beaver players running into touch all resulted in zero finish in their play. With a solid amount of possession the Beavers still only had 3 points on the board after about 14 minutes of play. And it would be Langley that would touch the ball down first as their full back ran the ball over the goal line off a well-executed line out play untouched between the posts. Down 7-3 the home side kept working the ball back into Langley’s half of the field and again were very relentless on their attack. Not at all phased being down by a score the boys kept working hard around the break down until finally big boy David Jeffreys touched down the ball for a try. After spreading the ball out wide one way Jeffreys was able to work his way over the goal line with a few defenders hanging on him. With a missed convert the Beavs only had a slim 8-7 lead. Still having control of the ball for the majority of the half the Beavs still could not finish with it. Although Langley had fewer opportunities than the Beavs with the ball they took advantage of everyone they had. Before the half was up Langley with an overlap got the ball out wide and were able to touch it down for their second score of the game. With the whistle blown for halftime the Beavs were down 12-8 almost a similar score to the last time they played Langley.

Not entirely impressed with their 1st half result the Beavers looked to work even harder to get something going in the 2nd half. Good possession in the 1st half did not result in a lot of points, and the Beavs knew they needed to fix that. Right off the kickoff as the Beavers recovered their own kick the ensuing ruck had some extracurricular activities going on between some of the players and this would result in the Beavers getting the only card. A red card saw the Beavers’ loose head prop leave the game and now had the home team down to 14 men for the remainder of the game. For some games this card would have been deemed very counterproductive but it seemed in fact this incident fired the boys up even more because the team felt a little slighted for what the Langley player got away with. For the next 39 minutes with the Beavs a man short they still were firing on all cylinders. Finally getting the production they could not get in the 1st half the boys were getting the ball out wide and exploiting the overlaps. The lineouts were a positive all throughout the game with the Beavers getting excellent attack off of mauls or good hard crashes. And although the scrums involved personnel getting shuffled around with the loose head needing to be replaced, the scrums were stable enough to get good ball off. 3 more tries were scored in the 2nd half starting with a well-executed open field play with Iain Small getting great ball off Steve Friesen. Then Jamie Beaton hooked up with Giusseppe Lagrutta out wide on the wing with a beauty miss pass to him. Following that the relentless Beaver attack had Beaton carry one over the line too. Another blocked kick by loose forward Paul Kelly looked to be a good try but was called back, and that try certainly would have been the back breaker for Langley. The home side battled it out down a man for about 30 minutes of the half with Langley getting a card of their own too. It was a very positive 2nd half on what could have gone wrong very quickly. That 2nd half result with the home side scoring 24 unanswered points proved the type of maturity this Div 1 team has at this time because the boys could have easily called it a day after the red card. With the Beavers taking a good lead and replacements on the boys were all smiles after the final whistle as they came back once again from a 1st half deficit .

An excellent result for the Beavers as they take advantage of great conditions at home and claim all 5 points in another win for the Div 1 side. Well done to the referee on managing the game and a special thanks to Andy Lyon for making an excellent feed back at the clubhouse.

Tries: David Jeffreys (1) Jamie Beaton (1) Giusseppe Lagrutta (1) Iain Small (1)
Converts: Jamie Beaton (3)
Penalty Kicks: Jamie Beaton (2)

Up next for the club is two games against Bayside RFC at home in Division 1 and 2 men, with the 3rd Div men headed to Connaught Park to take on the Lomas. The women are off to Brockton Oval to take on the Rowers in Div 2 women’s action.

Beavers Trip to Island Successful with 59-10 Win Over Black Sheep


Snow was in the forecast for the matches on Saturday, and surprisingly after a crisp Thursday night training session at Sullivan Heights Park the Beavers woke up to snow on the ground on Friday morning in Surrey.

Scheduled to host Westshore RFC for the women’s match on the Saturday was unfortunately pushed back as the City of Surrey shut down all grass fields within the city. The Beavers were reassured however by both the Chilliwack Crusaders and Port Alberni Black Sheep that the conditions maybe cold but were still good enough to play rugby at their fields. So without hesitation the Beavs set their lineups that had the Div 1 men headed off to Port Alberni and the Div 3 men east into the Fraser Valley to take on the Crusaders. The 1st Div men were scheduled to take the 8:30AM ferry from Horseshoe Bay and it was promised to be a long day for some, and an even longer day for the few players that didn’t make the timed departure. Another weekend in the books as the Beavers were getting the hang of being on the road for the majority of the season thus far.

SBAA 3rd Division Men – Loss 38 – 19

Another tough match up on Saturday for the Thirsty Thirds who are still working to get in the win column this season, but still hopeful as the season is still some what young. The men headed to Chilliwack and believed that they could get the job done with a little extra support. Unlike the weekend previous the Beavers this time were able to send a deeper bench to Chilliwack to help support the starting 15, but it still wasn’t enough to push the visitors through the challenges of taking on Chilliwack. The Beavs biggest change was giving starting Div 2 standoff Brandon Gatto the nod to start in the Div 3 lineup. The coaches were optimistic that he could help breathe some more structure in the backline’s attack. Unfortunately the Beavs could not match the physicality of the oversized Crusaders who were hitting the rucks hard and making big runs on offense. Although this time the Beavers were happy to see some better results on the score board the boys are still looking to get going offensively and getting some true finishers in the lineup would help. But still 3 tries was a dramatic improvement from being shut out the weekend previous. It is still a dramatic learning curve for many of the new players in the club and hopefully these matches will see much more of a balanced score line in the coming weeks as the Beavs look to take on Chilliwack again in December. A tough loss for the Beavs but a better result showed improvement from the lads. And many thanks to Chilliwack for the post match host up.

Tries: Munbir Josan (1) Mattaus Smith (1) Joey Murphy (1)
Converts: Brandon Gatto (2)

SBAA 1st Division Men – Win 59 – 10

A road trip to the Island was always an exciting time for the Beavs in the past and for years the club enjoyed a trip or two each season to Vancouver Island. However in the last 3-4 seasons these trips have become practically non-existent as the Mainland’s Div 1 league was split from Island's Div 1 league. This season now has some of the Island teams (Alberni/Cowichan) playing a handful of cross over games against a handful of Mainland Div 1 sides. Hopefully next season will see both leagues merge into one larger Division 1 league.

The Beavers finally were headed over to Port Alberni after about a 5 year hiatus and oddly enough snow was in the forecast for Saturday. Not afraid of a little snow the Beavers were looking at staying red hot in rather chilly conditions as the Div 1 side hasn't lost a match since early February. And after confirming with the Black Sheep that yes their field was not frozen and that the furnace was operational in their clubhouse the Beavs set a course to the Island. Not shocked that once docked at Departure Bay that it was snowing it was time to hit the road to Port Alberni wondering what conditions would be waiting there for the club. With no change in the conditions on the bus ride to Alberni the players quickly accepted the fact that yes they would be playing the game in the snow and that still no one would be allowed to take the field wearing leggings unless they wanted to be ridiculed until the end of their playing days.

An action packed game for the Beavers was had as the team looked to enjoy themselves out on the field playing in the snow. Short on a few starters and a few spares who went to the wrong ferry terminal in the morning (Jamie Beaton, Clay Ross, Jareed Samuel, and Sandeep Sekhon) the boys made some adjustments in the lineup and fulfilled a forward's dream and started Andrew McIntyre on the wing. The players starting did overall a very good job moving the ball in some very tough weather conditions. At times the visibility was the biggest challenge but overall there was an agreeance that it was more enjoyable playing in the snow compared to playing in the pouring rain. Also kudos to Alberni who had done an excellent job maintaining their field as it was in mint condition on Saturday.

photo by Laurie Smillie

The boys got a few scores up from the Black Sheep after some well contested rucks and scrums. The home side had some good size in their pack, but the Beavs were very physical at the tackles and worked hard to get the ball out wide to their speed. Most of the opportunities for the Beavs came 10-15 meters off the rucks as the Black Sheep struggled to defend outside their A & B gaps. Moving the ball was the goal for the boys, but there was still plenty of hard running by the forwards. At one point big tight head prop Chris Atkinson sent Alberni’s #10 flying back when he decided to bosh him out of his way. The Beavers were also effective on doing quick penalties on the day as it was deemed very early on not to go for touch. Not exactly clear why the boys decided to run every penalty but with the snow falling down the game took on a backyard game feel to it. The boys won their only offensive line out of the game and with Alberni electing to kick for touch on their penalties the Beavers had ample opportunity to steal Alberni ball and were successful on several occasions.

Heading back to the change rooms at halftime the players looked composed and relaxed with a 26-0 lead. With the goal in the 2nd half being to close out the game and make sure everyone on the sideline got in for some well-deserved action the Beavers looked to make plenty of roster changes. With the 'lost boys' now present at the field after some ferry terminal mishaps changes to the line up were made. When it came to scrums in the 2nd half as more and more spares came in the balance of the pack leaned much more in Alberni’s favor. At first big second rower Cam McMurchy assisted in keeping the scrum stable but as soon as Atkinson was swapped out for Kjell Hope who was wearing soccer cleats the scrums got a little more chaotic. The home side drove in two scores on the Beavs’ own 5 meter line in the 2nd half. However the Beavs didn’t stop scoring either with plenty of players getting in on the action. The boys were successful on touching the ball down for 9 tries during the game, and that may not seem like a big accomplishment but with how the playing conditions were it was a surprising feat. It was great to see the boys bounce back from a tough match the week before that had them only score 3 tries. This game was another reminder of how quickly the Beavers can put up points and how stubborn they can be on defense too.

As wins on the road go this one can be deemed a huge success; all bonus points collected, a big score margin, and zero injuries to players. Full kudos to the Black Sheep for putting on a great post-game feed and drink up. The Black Sheep certainly do have a clubhouse that only most rugby clubs can dream of having and the Beavers certainly look forward to their next match at Port Alberni.

Tries: James Kelly (1) Chris Atkinson (1) Riley Nagy (2) Alex Martin (2) Clay Ross (2) Jareed Samuel (1)
Converts: Riley Nagy (2) Jamie Beaton (5)

The club heads into the Remembrance Day long weekend with no games on the schedule until November 18th. If the first weekend of November was any sign of how the weather will be for the remainder of the 1st half it is going to be a challenge to say the least to get four more weeks of games off. The club looks to host the majority of their matches at Sullivan Heights Park which has been starved of hosting matches so far this half. The Beavers are looking forward to wrapping up the 2017 fall season before the weather gets too bad.

Pemberton Holmes
Real Estate Sales

Tom Woods' Listings
Heritage House Trophies
Lionheart Sports