Westshore Looking for Women's Premier Coach - Part-time $12K
from Westshore RFC
Part-time | Approximately $12,000 | 1-3 year contract | Closes July 10, 2022
The Westshore Women’s Team is a high-performing rugby team within the BC Rugby Premier league. The team has a history of excellence with numerous championship titles in recent years. The team has found success by fostering skilled club, provincial, and national representative athletes alike with a common goal to win the league championship.
Since the pandemic, the team has started rebuilding and is looking for coaching staff to continue the process of building community, positive culture, and a competitive team represented by a diverse group of athletes.
● Co-develop and implement a Player Plan with coaching staff to develop
individual athlete skills, in line with their rugby goals
● Co-develop and implement a Team Plan with coaching staff to develop the
team’s competitive capacity over the season
● Recruit players with competitive potential, with various rugby goals and
● Deliver technical coaching that will support the individual development plan
and strategic team plan
● Enforce fair play and a positive image of the club among the staff and athletes
● Ensure player physical and psychological safety, through thoughtful and
collaborative program design, including practices, avenues for feedback, and
● Work with the Directors of Women’s Rugby and the Board to outline personal
coaching goals and implement feedback inline with the Team and Player Plans
● Be familiar with and advocate for the club values, the laws of the sport,
including fair play.
● Plan and execute two practice sessions a week to work towards game play
and the overall Team and Player Plans
● Provide technical and strategic direction to the team as well as individual
● Give athletes the opportunity to outline their personal goals and how the club
can support them in those goals and share their plan with you
● Give athletes the opportunity for specific feedback from you or other coaches
regarding their Player Plan
● Analyze game play of individuals, teams, and opposition to help develop
● Coordinate practice times, attendance, and logistics among the coaching and
● Communicate needs, successes, and improvements among the coaching
staff, management, team, and board where necessary
To achieve these tasks, you will be working as the leader of a coaching team of up to 3, consisting of yourself, an assistant coach, and technical coach or manager. Your work will enable the team to continue to build a space for competitive and potentially competitive athletes to enjoy growth, competition, and community.
A candidate is eligible for the position if they:
● Have experience coaching adult 15’s rugby
● Have experience coaching competitive or representative sport for adult
● Have completed their NCCP Competition Introduction Coaching Level 2,
World Rugby Level 1, or equivalent
● Are able to attend all practice sessions (Tuesday and Thursday evenings) and
games (Saturdays), including travel within the province, barring extenuating
circumstances or agreed upon conflicts
● Have completed or plans to complete the following World Rugby courses prior
to the start of the season:
○ Rugby ready
○ Ethical decision-making
○ Concussion Management
○ Safer Sport
The following criteria are not required, but will be considered assets of the candidate:
● Experience in building up a new or changing program
● Experience coaching women
● Experience coaching an premier, regional, provincial, or national level team
● Have NCCP Coaching Level 3, or similar
This is a part-time position. The successful applicant will have approximately
$12,000 to disburse as they see fit among all 3 coaches/managers for the team
over 9 months with approval from Directors of Womens Rugby. Actual amount may
be higher/lower dependent on available funds.
Probationary period for 4 months from September 1 - December 30, after which
there will be an opportunity to extend to a 1-3 year contract.
How to apply
Applications may be submitted by email to no later than July 10, 2022 to:
Accessibility and inclusion
For more information about our accessible workplace and disability accommodation, please contact email@example.com or call 250-857-0657.
Westshore RFC is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from
people with disabilities, and we can provide accommodations during hiring
processes. We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Diversity at
Westshore RFC means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are
recognized, appreciated and respected, as well as responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.