Burnaby Lake Rugby Club Seeking 1st Division Head Coach
Burnaby Lake Rugby Club are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, driven and talented 1st Division Head Coach to work within the Senior Men’s program.
The Burnaby Lake Rugby Club draws its members from Burnaby, Vancouver, Coquitlam, New West, North Vancouver & the Fraser Valley. We are one of the premier clubs in North America offering outstanding facilities & clubhouse with a highly motivated & supportive executive, membership & alumni.
Currently the club has three senior men's teams with our top side playing in the BC Men's Premiership, a senior women's team, and a growing min/ youth rugby program. In the role of Men's 1st Division Head Coach, this candidate will oversee the Division 1 team along with assisting with the Men’s Premier team during training sessions and weekly games. The BCRU competitions generally runs from late August to early May.
- Lead Burnaby Lakes 1st Division team during games and session breakouts
- Support the Senior Men’s Head Coach in planning and delivering weekly sessions (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Analyse and review 1 st Division games to provide technical and tactical individual and team feedback
- Support the Senior Men's Coaches in game planning and organising team plays and systems with a focus on Backs (Desirable)
- Exhibit a strong knowledge of technical and tactical elements of the game
- Previous rugby coaching experience is required & the ideal candidate must hold, as a minimum, NCCP Level 2 (or working towards)
- Introduction to Competition (Certified) / World Rugby Level 2 certification.
- The candidate must conduct themselves in accordance with the standards accepted for coaches in the British Columbia Rugby Union Code of Conduct.
- Applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a current resume & cover letter with expression of interest & a coaching CV to email@example.com
(President) and firstname.lastname@example.org
(Head Coach). More details regarding the position can be provided upon application to the position.